Remembering Devon Mind in your will provides valuable funds which mean that we can continue our vital services, reach out to the people that need us most and develop new services for them.
We are very grateful for the generosity of all our donors who help to fund our projects and help more people have happier lives.
If you would like to leave a legacy to Devon Mind you will need to give instructions to your solicitor.
Legacies (a quick guide)
A legacy is a gift of money, property or possessions left in your will. If you decide to give to a charity, the gift is currently tax-free, so everything you leave will go towards the work of Devon Mind.
Making or revising a will is important and we recommend you seek independent advice from of a solicitor or bank trust company.
There are 4 different types of legacies:
- A pecuniary legacy is a gift of a fixed sum of money. You can protect this type of gift from inflation by linking it to the Retail Price Index.
- A specific gift is a tangible item such as a house, piece of jewellery, silver teapot or car.
- A residuary legacy is a gift of the whole or a share of whatever remains of your estate after all other gifts have been distributed and any debts paid off.
- You can also ask people who care for you to make donations in your memory.
Codicil to add to existing will
A Codicil is a document you can use to make a simple update or alteration to an existing will. This can be done without incurring any costs or having to visit a solicitor to add Devon Mind to your Will. Please download the codicil using the link below:
Why we need legacies
- Legacies are vital to Devon Mind and any gift large or small can make a massive difference to the future of the mental health services we provide in Devon.
- We are a charity which relies on legacies to help continue our work supporting people with mental health problems and facilitating their recovery.
- Most of Devon Mind’s voluntary income comes from people who remember us in their Will or have donations sent to us, instead of flowers.
What legacies will help Devon Mind do
- Your gift will help us work towards a world where everyone experiencing a mental health problem gets both support and respect.
- Your legacy will help make sure no one has to face a mental health problem alone.
- Donations, including gifts in Wills, can help us do even more.
- You could change an individual’s life by making sure there’s someone they can talk to when their world is falling apart.
- Help shape the future of mental health, leave a legacy to Devon Mind.
- Your legacy will help us improve attitudes towards and treatment of everybody in your local community who experiences a mental health problem in the future.
If you need more information on how to word or leave us a legacy then please contact us on email@example.com